FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 18, 2020
“Town departments/building access restrictions due to COVID-19”
In an effort to ensure the safety of our town residents from COVID-19 and comply with guidance set out by
Governor Raimondo, the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH), and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) the Town of Coventry is implementing the following:
Town Hall / Library
- Both Libraries; Greene Library and the library in Town Hall located at 1670 Flat River Road are closed for public access entry. Town Hall is now CLOSED with limited access. They will be staffed and they are available for phone calls between the hours of 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM. See the Town of Coventry’s website updated information. https://www.coventryri.org/
Parks and Recreation
- The Parks and Recreation buildings are closed for public entry. It will be staffed and they are available for phone calls during normal hours. All Parks and Recreation programs and events are cancelled until further notice. See the Parks and Recreation website for updated information.
Public Works Department
- The Public Works building is closed for public entry. It will be staffed and they are available for phone calls during normal business hours. The Transfer Station is now CLOSED. There will still be garbage pickup but no bulk pick up until further notice.
Building / Planning / Zoning Department
- Building Department building is closed for public entry. It will be staffed and they are available for phone calls during normal business hours. Residents & Contractors will have to call and make an appointment for permits. Inspections will be completed as scheduled.
Coventry Resource and Senior Center
- The Coventry Resource and Senior Center building is closed for public entry. It will be staffed and they are available for phone calls during normal business hours. All events and programs are cancelled until further notice.
In order to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Town asks that everyone attempt to limit their risk of exposure by washing their hands often, avoiding crowds, following the six foot distancing rule, and cough or sneeze into your elbow. The Town appreciates the residents’ understanding during this difficult time.
All paperwork must be put in the Tax Collector drop-box, outside the main entrance. Please write the correct department on the envelope to ensure it makes it to the correct department.
Should you need assistance, please call or email:
- Board of Canvassers 822-8151 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coventry Municipal Court 822-9187 email@example.com
- Tax Assessor 822-9160 firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Tax Collector 822-9164
- Town Manager’ Office 822-9186
In the event that you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please feel free to contact:
Frederick Heise III, Acting Chief of Police and Coventry Emergency Management Director
Edward Warzycha, Interim Town Manager
For the latest update go to: